The school follows the procedures and criteria for placement set out in Hampshire CC’s document, “Specialist Provision for Children with BESD” (September 2004).
1. Hampshire Special Educational Needs Service will forward all referrals to the Headteacher.
2. A copy of the statement of Special Educational Needs/Education Health, Care Plan, and any other relevant supporting information from other agencies involved, including information from the current or last school will be sent to the Headteacher and response sent to the SEN Service within 10 working days.
3. If a child does not meet the admissions criteria for the school the Headteacher or their authorised deputy will inform the SEN Service and any decision regarding the continued request for the placement will be discussed. If your child does not meet the admissions criteria the Hampshire SEN Appeal Process must be followed.
4. If a child meets the criteria for placement and a place is available, or expected to be available in the future, the Headteacher or their authorised deputy will inform the SEN Service and start the planned admissions procedure. (The SEN Service informs (parent(s) of the placement decision.)
5. The admissions procedure will be as follows:
Children being considered for admission to Prospect School will normally:
Prospect School will endeavour to:
Date adopted by Governing Body: October 2020
To be reviewed by Governing Body: October 2021