The Pastoral Team provides additional support to students and their families at an early stage in order to prevent the need for higher tier services becoming involved.
We hope that this will help our community to engage more easily with help and support from staff with whom they have positive relationships.
The Pastoral Team meets weekly to discuss what help can be offered to students or their family referred to us and a plan of support is created and offered.
The team is able to provide:
Family support e.g. parenting, help with bed-time routines, support to apply for benefits and access to further service
- ELSA support individual emotional support for students
- Family meetings e.g. to discuss family relationships and find solutions
- Art sessions where students can explore thoughts and feelings through arts activities
- Parent/carer coffee mornings – support and share time for parents/carers and family members
- CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service) referrals
- Training on ADHD, Asperger’s, Autism and attachment
- Support and consultation to staff groups
- 1:1 support both in and out of the classroom
- 1:1 mentoring via our in-house referral system
At Prospect School we ensure consistency and stability within each students tutor team. We currently have ten groups, 4 at KS3 and 5 at KS4. The boys start their day with their tutor team giving them time to settle into being at school and address any concerns they may have. Your child’s tutor team will be your main point of contact with the school.